Tuesday 11 August 2009

From a far away town

My day in London began with a plan. Firstly I was to head to The Natural History Museum for the Darwin exhibit, then to Arsenal to tour round The Emirates, home to my beloved Gunners. It would be a good day before heading to meet my mate Jeff for a trip to Chelmsford to sample the sights of Essex; most of which I believe wear white heels and far too much make up.

I arrived at the Darwin exhibit to a half hour long queue full of screaming children. Slightly upset, but still in good spirits I set off to Arsenal. There a sign awaited me ‘stadium tours sold out.’ I lunged towards unhappiness. I had left the West End at 10; it was now eleven and I’d seen the inside of a tube for an hour. I have now experienced true London.

A visit to the British Museum, and onwards to an internet cafe playing the best of Simply Red (or should that be the worst of?) raised my spirits somewhat, but none the less, I simply couldn’t live in London. Last night I was woken at 2:30 am by the sound of roadworks – roadworks at 2:30am? Tired of London and life I may be, but I’ll take that for a night without the sound of concrete being split open.

It all bodes well for a year in Korea and a major city; good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment